Click the banner to follow the tour schedule!
Welcome to today’s stop on the Rumor Has It blog tour! We have a lovely guest post from Elisabeth Grace, the author, about the pros and cons of dating a celebrity, and a great giveaway!
Rumor Has It by Elisabeth Grace
Publication date: December 6, 2013
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance
All publicity is good publicity, right? Unless you’re recent college grad Ellie Wagner and an embarrassing video of you and your boyfriend goes viral. Every man in your life abandons you, but who knew a one-minute clip of your latest doomed relationship would brand you a slut, prevent you from getting your perfect job, and force you to keep doing the one thing you swore you’d never do again…live with your mother.
But staying with mom and her latest boy-toy (is this husband number four or five?) until your life turns around might not be all bad. Especially when you fall – literally – at the feet of a sexy, green-eyed stranger who offers you freedom and a life of luxury on a gold-rimmed platter.
There’s only one little problem – the man of your dreams is none other than Mason Nash, the latest hip-hop star busting up the music charts. Fame and fortune are his calling cards and he’s vying to steal the show on a new reality TV series that will catapult him into mainstream stardom. Hello spotlight.
The man behind the famous persona is perfect for Ellie in every way, but can she overcome the ugly pitfalls that come with Mason’s celebrity status? Or will she be forced to choose between the man she loves and the independent life she longs for? After all, fame and fortune aren’t always what they seem and not all publicity is good publicity…
Amazon • Barnes & Noble
Pros & Cons of Dating a Celebrity
I’m certainly no expert but like any girl I spent much of my pre-teen and teenager years day dreaming about dating whatever piece of celebrity man candy was big at the time. Back then it seemed like dating someone rich and famous would be one of the best things that could ever happen to a girl. Now that I’m older I’ve realized that it probably wouldn’t always be what it was cracked up to be.
As I see it, here are some of the pros & cons to dating a celebrity:
- There’s a good chance you are going to get to meet other celebrities, which could be a lot of fun! Who wouldn’t want to go to a party and hang out with Leonardo Dicaprio or Taylor Swift?
- You’re probably going to have access to a lot of places you wouldn’t have otherwise: backstage at concerts, on set at movie studios, invites to private parties, side stage at fashion shows, tickets to award shows. These are likely once in a lifetime opportunities so it’d be a blast to get to do them.
- Well, if he’s a celebrity he’s probably rich so you’ll likely get some awesome dates and phenomenal presents
- If it were me I’d always be worried that the person I was dating would think I was only doing it because they were a celebrity. I think I might be constantly trying to prove that I wasn’t, even if they weren’t questioning me.
- It’d be hard to be with someone that other people were always pursuing. There’s a good chance this guy is going to be surrounded by other female celebrities, models and fans. You have to be a pretty confident woman to not ever succumb to jealousy under those circumstances.
- Very often celebrities have to travel a lot. This makes it hard to see each other on a regular basis and build a relationship. Many celebrity couples have broken up as a result.
- One word: Paparazzi. Not only would it be a major pain to be followed around by them but you’d inevitably end up in a magazine whether you want to or not. Best case scenario you didn’t just roll out of bed without any make-up.
All in all I’m not sure I’d ever really want to date a celebrity. For me I’m not sure the pros outweigh the cons. What about you? Would you like to date someone that spends their life in the limelight?
What do you think about dating a celebrity? Personally, I’d like to give it a try just once. (I’m talking to YOU, Joseph-Gordon Levitt!)
I have a soft spot for romance novels with happily ever afters and a HOT spot for alpha males! I currently live outside Toronto, Canada with my hubby, two small children and cat spawned by the devil. Life is busy, but never to busy for a good story and to share my love of reading and writing with others. Things I can tell you that sum me up…I’m a sugar and carb addict, self-professed Gandy Girl, a disaster in the kitchen, a LOVER of all music, I enjoy reality TV and I’m an early riser! When I have a moment to breath you can usually find me typing furiously on the keyboard to get my next story on paper, or curled up reading about someone else’s HEA. The second book in my Limelight series, Picture Perfect, is set to release at the end of March 2014.
Website • Twitter • Facebook • Goodreads
–2 signed paperbacks and 5 signed Rumor Has It bookmarks – open INTL
a Rafflecopter giveaway