Title: ASHES TO ASHES
Author: Karina Halle
Series: Experiment in Terror #8 (full reading order below)
Release date: December 11, 2013
Age Group: Mature NA/Adult
Genre: Romantic Suspense/Horror
It’s been two months since Perry Palomino and Dex Foray’s relationship reached a new turning point, two months since Perry started a new life in Seattle, and two months since their Experiment in Terror show took on a new partner, ex-Wine Babe Rebecca Sims, and found a new level of success. But whenever there is light in their lives, the madness still has a way of coming back in.
When the team is sent back to the stormy Oregon coast to investigate a haunted school, Perry wants to use the opportunity to reconnect with her family and reintroduce Dex into their lives. Only Perry’s not the only one who’s reaching out – her grandmother Pippa has started appearing to her with disturbing warnings and Perry’s presence at the school has ignited a chilling new wave of supernatural phenomenon. Once used a century ago as a sanatorium to house children dying of tuberculosis, the school’s past residents are slowly coming back to life and with one thing on their mind. They want someone to play with, someone to join them. Forever.
Even when dead, some children get whatever they want.
And they want Perry.
Amazon • Barnes & Noble
The 2013 Experiment in Terror Christmas List
– New North Face rainproof jacket (Seattle weather is brutal)
– A new motorbike (I figure my parents have already sold mine and I can’t rely on Dex’s Highlander forever)
– A record player (would like to start collecting vinyl)
– Combat boots with a fuzzy shearling inside
– Seasons 1-3 of Game of Thrones on Blue Ray
– A day at the spa (hunting ghosts is tough on your back…also, my boobs are heavy)
– A romantic two-day wine tour of central Washington with Dex (no ghosts, please)
– A new iPhone (just a hunch that I might need one)
– Cooking classes at Chef Eric’s at Pike Place Market (so I can impress Perry – must keep this a secret)
– Cuban cigars (shhhh)
– A new camera (have a feeling I’ll need one)
– A murse (yeah…a bag for dudes. So what? I need a place to put my shit when I’m filming or I’ll keep losing crap all over again, see: above – new camera. Anyway, my penis is big enough to withstand any raised eyebrows from onlookers)
– Beard trimmer (can also use on my balls and dick forest)
– A new SUV (some dude told me Highlanders look like minivans and now that’s all I see)
– Every available Mystery Science Theatre DVD
– Every DVD ever made that has Bill Murray in it
– Boxing lessons
– Badass hiking boots
– Socks (for boots, also who doesn’t need socks?)
Reading Order: Experiment in Terror series
#1 ~ Darkhouse: Ebook • Paperback • Goodreads
#2 ~ Red Fox: Ebook • Paperback • Goodreads
#2.5 ~ The Benson: Ebook • Goodreads
#3 ~ Dead Sky Morning: Ebook • Paperback • Goodreads
#4 ~ Lying Season: Ebook • Paperback • Goodreads
#5 ~ On Demon Wings: Ebook • Paperback • Goodreads
#5.5 ~ Old Blood: Ebook • Goodreads
#5.7 ~ The Dex-Files: Ebook • Goodreads
#6 ~ Into the Hollow: Ebook • Paperback • Goodreads
#6.5 ~ And With Madness Comes the Light: Ebook • Paperback • Goodreads
#7 ~ Come Alive: Ebook • Paperback • Goodreads
#8 ~ Ashes to Ashes: Ebook • Paperback • Goodreads
#9 ~ Dust to Dust: Goodreads (August 11th 2014)
Karina Halle is the USA Today Best Selling Author of The Artists Trilogy (On Every Street, Sins & Needles, Shooting Scars, and Bold Tricks) published by Hachette, the Experiment in Terror series, and The Devil’s series published by Diversion.
The daughter of a Norwegian Viking and a Finnish Moomin, Karina Halle grew up in Vancouver, Canada with trolls and eternal darkness on the brain. This soon turned into a love of all things that go bump in the night and a rather sadistic appreciation for freaking people out. Like many of the flawed characters she writes, Karina never knew where to find herself and has dabbled in acting, make-up artistry, film production, screenwriting, photography, travel writing and music journalism. She eventually found herself in the pages of the very novels she wrote (if only she had looked there to begin with).
Karina holds a screenwriting degree from Vancouver Film School and a Bachelor of Journalism from TRU. Her travel writing, music reviews/interviews and photography have appeared in publications such as Consequence of Sound, Mxdwn and GoNomad Travel Guides. She currently lives on an island on the coast of British Columbia where she’s preparing for the zombie apocalypse with her fiance and rescue pup.
Karina is represented by Scott Waxman of the Waxman Leavell Literary Agency
Blog • Website • Facebook • Facebook • Twitter • Goodreads
–2 EIT Swag Packs
a Rafflecopter giveaway
To see other stops on the tour for reviews, guest posts, and excerpts click here or the tour button below.