Here is Day 2’s puzzle piece for Rome!
Rome by Jay Crownover
Series: Marked Men #3 (full reading order below)
Publication Date: January 7th 2014
Cora Lewis is a whole lot of fun, and she knows how to keep her tattooed bad boy friends in line. But all that flash and sass hide the fact that she’s never gotten over the way her first love broke her heart. Now she has a plan to make sure that never happens again: She’s only going to fall in love with someone perfect.
Rome Archer is as far from perfect as a man can be. He’s stubborn and rigid, he’s bossy and has come back from his final tour of duty fundamentally broken. Rome’s used to filling a role: big brother, doting son, super soldier; and now none of these fit anymore. Now he’s just a man trying to figure out what to do with the rest of his life while keeping the demons of war and loss at bay. He would have been glad to suffer it alone, until Cora comes sweeping into his life and becomes the only color on his bleak horizon.
Perfect isn’t in the cards for these two, but imperfect might just last forever . . .
Reading Order: Marked Men series
#1 ~ Rule: Ebook • Paperback • Goodreads
#2 ~ Jet: Ebook • Paperback • Goodreads
#3 ~ Rome: Ebook • Paperback • Goodreads
Day 2 of the Summer Lovin’ Readathon is about books that are on the top of my must-have summer reads list. I get to share with you all the books I’m dying to read this summer, as well as the books that I highly recommend reading.
So these are the books that I have on my readathon goal, and hopefully I’ll have time to read them this week. I’ve gotten farther on House Rules, but I’m not sure when I’ll finish. The Eternity Cure and The Moon and More are the ones I really want to read soon (they’re in my room right now just staring at me). Twisted Perfection and Forever Too Far are my extras; if I have time left during the readathon, I’ll be reading those.
And THESE are the books that I am so excited to be released this summer!
- Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews (releases July 30th 2013) The Kate Daniels series is one of my favorite series ever! It has the best characters who are tough and badass and so freaking hilarious. This series made me laugh so much while reading. So excited for more Kate and Curran!
- Shooting Scars by Karina Halle (releases August 20th 2013) I read Sins & Needles 2 months ago (my review), and oh my god, it just blew my mind. It was crazy and intense, and it ended with a cliffhanger! So duh, I need to read Shooting Scars asap! (And just look at that back on the cover!)
- Origin by Jennifer L. Armentrout (releases August 27th 2013) Also a book that follows a cliffhanger! And it was a major cliffhanger. I’ve been dying to know what happens next, but Origin is just too far away! But I’m so excited that it has both the male and female leads’ POVs. Can’t wait to read from Daemon’s POV!
- The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson (releases August 27th 2013) The Fire and Thorns series is one of my absolute favorite fantasy series ever. The first book was really good, but the second, Crown of Embers, just completely solidified my love for the series. Elisa is just the most kickass heroine ever! But… HECTOR!!!! *cries*
- Untold by Sarah Rees Brennan (releases August 29th 2013) This book. This. book. This is the book that I would give my first child for. The ending just broke my heart. *tears up* Sarah Rees Brennan, you are an evil person. Why did you write the most amazing book ever, but make the characters go through hell at the end? WHY??
If you have one week left to live, you cannot die without reading these books. I can’t recommend them enough. These are the books that are raw and powerful and leave you reeling for more. They steal pieces of your heart and you never want to get them back. They are my top of the top, favorite books of all time. So if you haven’t read any of these book, I highly recommend reading them this summer. Any one of these books is completely worth your time.
And with that… Day 2 of the Summer Lovin’ Readathon is complete!