It’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This week’s theme is a freebie Thanksgiving one so…
Top Ten Authors I’m Thankful for in 2015
In no particular order (click the covers to purchase):
- Colleen Hoover (November 9) ~ CoHo is without a doubt, my all-time favorite author, so of course she had to be included in this TTT! I liked her earlier release, Confess, but it was November 9 that totally stole the spotlight this year. It’s a phenomenal read from a phenomenal author! (PLUS, I got a copy SIGNED by her. AND NICK FREAKING BATEMAN!!!!!!!!)
- Elle Kennedy (The Deal/The Mistake) ~ Elle Kennedy has written my all-time FAVORITE NA sports romance series (the Off-Campus series), and I’m forever thankful for her because her books sparked my love for sports romances. She knows how to do NA right, and I’m dying to get my hands on Dean’s book!
Review: Fuel the Fire
- Krista & Becca Ritchie (Fuel the Fire/Long Way Down) ~ Krista & Becca Ritchie’s Addicted series is, hands-down, my top favorite NA series ever written. The writing is flawless, and it has the BEST cast of characters I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading. I still haven’t read Long Way Down yet (the final book), because I honestly just don’t want the series to end!
- Penelope Douglas (Falling Away/Aflame, Corrupt, Misconduct) ~ I love love looove the Fall Away series, so I’m so thankful that Penelope had not one, but TWO books in that series out this year. And Aflame… it was everything I dreamed of and more. The perfect ending for Jared and Tate. And! Corrupt – just, WOW. I’m still trying to wrap my head around this twisted book that I loved (my review is coming soon!). Also, I know Misconduct isn’t out yet, but I had the pleasure of reading an early copy and it. is. amazing. It’s about a teacher who falls for her student’s single father. Who’s a total DILF. Obviously – it’s a must-read.
- Kristen Callihan (The Friend Zone/The Game Plan) ~ Another NA sports romance author whose books I’m completely in love with! I first fell in love with the Game On series last year with The Hook Up, but the series has only gotten better and better since. Gray and Ethan are just… *swoons*
- Tessa Bailey (Risking it All, Need Me, Crashed Out) ~ Tessa!!! Bailey!!! Earlier this year, I went on a TB reading marathon (in which I read every single one of her books) and I’m completely obsessed now (especially with Bowen). Her alpha heroes are PERFECTION and can dirty talk like no other. I’m so freaking thankful that she pumps out book after book, because I never get tired of reading them. Aaand, she’s got one more release out in Dec., Crashed Out, which is just INCREDIBLE, and now my 2nd favorite book of Tessa’s (just under Risking it All). It’s an older woman/younger man read… and I’m telling you, it’s Tessa’s HOTTEST book yet.
- Penny Reid (Elements of Chemistry: Attraction/Heat/Capture) ~ I’m ashamed that I hadn’t read Penny Reid earlier than this year. She amazed me with her EOC series – she has a gift at writing, and I’m so thankful to have discovered her books this year (finally)!
- Katy Evans (Manwhore/Manwhore +1/Ms. Manwhore) ~ Y’all, I adore the Manwhore series. I’m so thankful that Katy Evans created Malcolm Saint, because I’m head over heels for him! The Manwhore series is one of the most romantic series I’ve read all year, and Katy Evans never ceases to amaze me with her incredible heroes.
- Christina Lauren (Beautiful Secret, Dark Wild Night) ~ Christina Lauren writes the best books EVER! They’re always so fun, sexy, and best of all, the characters feel so real. Every time I pick up a CLo book, I’m simply stunned by the brilliance and simplicity of their stories, so this writing duo is definitely one to be thankful for.
- Gena Showalter (The Hotter You Burn) ~ Gena Showalter surprised me so hard with The Hotter You Burn. I’d only ever read her PNR books, but I thought I’d give this book a try, and I’m so glad I did. It’s funny, sexy, romantic, and an utter joy to read. It’s definitely one of my favorite books of the year, and I’m so thankful for Gena Showalter for writing it!
What authors are you thankful for this year?