It’s Top Ten Tuesday again, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! This week’s theme is…
Top Ten Books I’ve Read So Far In 2013
So I’m looking through my Goodreads to see what books I should put on my TTT, because I seriously cannot remember what books I’ve read earlier this year. And ahhhh there’s soo many that I can put on my list, so many incredibly amazing books that I’ve read so far this year. This makes me so utterly happy. Here are my top ten (in no particular order). You can click on the covers to read each book’s summary!
1. The Crash series by Nicole Williams has recently become one of my absolute favorite series ever. Seriously, I don’t know why I never read it sooner. It has the perfect romance (okay, it’s not exactly perfect, but I still love it) with a bad boy who is so freaking hot. Jude Ryder is just… *swoon* I HIGHLY recommend this series to romance lovers. It will make you laugh, cry, and fall in love with
Jude all the characters.
2. So apparently, Unspoken was the very first book I read in 2013. Woohoo, starting off the year with a bang, because Unspoken is one of my favorite books ever! It made me laugh SO HARD I was nearly in tears, but the ending just gutted my heart. WHY DID YOU DO THIS SARAH REES BRENNAN???? Why do we have to wait until AUGUST to read the next book? The wait is torture! I MUST HAVE MORE JARED.
3. Sins & Needles was completely mindblowing. After I finished it, I couldn’t get the story (and ending!!!) out of my mind! It’s such a refreshing and unique story about a con artist, and the whole book was so intense. The plot is insane, but in a good way! I have no idea how the author came up with it, but I’m so glad she did. And, ahem, I may have a thing for hot tattooed men, sooo….
4. I’ve got two words for you: Will. Cooper. Colleen Hoover is a god (or should I say goddess?). Her books have all become absolute favorites. This Girl was the perfect conclusion to the Slammed series. I could not have imagined a better ending for Lake, Will, and their families. If you haven’t read Slammed yet, you definitely should! It’s so heartfelt, sweet, and there’s Will Cooper, who is one of the most swoon-worthy boys I’ve ever read.
5. Eleanor & Park is the most perfect romance book I’ve ever read. I am just in awe of it and Rainbow Rowell for creating a book with the sweetest, most adorable romance ever that captured my heart. It makes me wish I could find something that Eleanor and Park have. Eleanor and Park couldn’t be more different, but somehow, they just worked. Their story is perfection. End of.
6. I sobbed my eyes out at the end of Clockwork Princess. I was crying and sobbing by BUTT OFF, not only because it was so amazing and beautiful and sad and heartbreaking, but also because Clockwork Princess is the last book in this trilogy. And I honestly can’t think of a series right now where I felt so sad reading the last book because it was the end. Cassandra Clare did an incredible job bringing this series to its conclusion.
7. With All My Soul is also another final book in a series. It’s an amazing end to an amazing series. And do you know how much I love Tod? Because I love him so so much. He’s my favorite forever-19-years-old, blond, blue-eyed reaper cutie. Okay, he’s the only one I’ve read, but still. This book was intense. The entire time, I had no idea what would happen, or if there would be a happy ending, but thank goodness, Rachel Vincent doesn’t disappoint!
8. Warner. Warner Warner Warner. WarnerWarnerWarnerWarnerWarnerWarnerWarnerWarner. Oh, sorry. I just had to get that out there. Um, I might have a slight obsession with a guy named Warner, from Unravel Me. He’s just so… beautiful. Incredible. Breathtaking. I was absolutely Team Adam from Shatter Me (book #1), but then… Unravel Me happened. And I did a complete 180 and fell in love with Warner. And his dimples. *faints*
God Juliette, I am so freaking jealous of you and chapter 62.
9. If you didn’t already know from our review, Shirley, Cathy, and I LOVED Prodigy. It was action-packed and crazy intense. June and Day are total badasses, and I loved them so much more than I already did in Legend. Prodigy is an amazing sequel to Legend, and I’m just dying to read the third book now, because Prodigy’s ending broke my heart.
10. So I recently read and reviewed Dare You To, and oh gosh, it was so good. It’s the second book in the AMAZING Pushing the Limits series, and I just fell in love with it. And Ryan! *Sigh* He’s just the sweetest boy ever. The ever-amazing Katie McGarry is a favorite author, and I’m so going to read anything she writes. SO excited for Crash Into You!
So what are your favorite books so far this year?