Ready for the third quote from Allegiant?
GOD I’m just so freaking excited for Allegiant to release! October 22nd is just too far away!
I don’t know why, but I’m always late on knowing about books turning into movies, like one of my favorite books ever, If I Stay by Gayle Forman! Like, HOW could I not have known it’s going to be a movie?!? AHHH! And they’ve already cast Chloe Moretz as Mia, Jamie Blackley as Adam and Liana Liberato as Mia’s best friend Kim. What do you think of them?
A movie still from the upcoming Vampire Academy movie! It’s Rose being her usual badass self 🙂
Plus, are you excited for The Book Thief movie?
Check out more stills of the movie here.
Jennifer L. Armentrout’s books are also headed to the big (and small) screen! Read her blog post about it here.
NEW BOOK ALERT!! Ever read the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater? (If you haven’t, you should! It’s incredible–one of my favorite series of all time.) Well, Maggie told us that she’ll be writing a new book in the series, book #3.5, called Sinner, that focuses on Cole! I totally fell in love with Cole in the previous books, and can’t wait to see how his story will go!
Summary – A standalone companion book to the internationally bestselling Shiver Trilogy.
Sinner follows Cole St. Clair, a pivotal character from the #1 New York Times bestselling Shiver Trilogy. Everybody thinks they know Cole’s story. Stardom. Addiction. Downfall. Disappearance. But only a few people know Cole’s darkest secret — his ability to shift into a wolf. One of these people is Isabel. At one point, they may have even loved each other. But that feels like a lifetime ago. Now Cole is back. Back in the spotlight. Back in the danger zone. Back in Isabel’s life. Can this sinner be saved?
“Legions of fans — myself included — have wanted Maggie to return to the world of Shiver, and now she’s found an ingenious, sexy, utterly compelling way to do it,” says David Levithan, VP/Publisher and Editorial Director, Scholastic Press. “This isn’t so much a re-visitation as it is a reinvention, with Maggie taking readers to many places they’ve never been with her before. There is nothing quite so amazing as Maggie Stiefvater at the top of her game.”
Author Maggie Stiefvater says, “For me, finishing the Shiver trilogy was a bittersweet moment — I knew that I wouldn’t be returning to Mercy Falls once Sam and Grace’s story was over. But Cole and Isabel still lurked in the back of my mind. Both of them were only half-fixed at the end of the trilogy, and I wanted to know if they could be fixed the rest of the way.
REMY by Katy Evans cover is here!
Olivia Cunning is writing a new book for the Sinners on Tour series called Sinners at the Altar! (From Goodreads) This anthology will include the wedding day stories of all five Sinners told in their points of view. It will also include the Aruba honeymoon of the couple who started it all, Brian and Myrna. The ebook version of Sinners at the Altar will have some added special features, such as never before released deleted scenes from the original books. Don’t miss it!
Read all about the new book on Olivia’s blog here!
There’s a new snippet for Kate Daniels #7! Read it here.
And did you know? Tahereh Mafi (author of the AMAZING Shatter Me series) and Ransom Riggs (author of Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children) have gotten married! Congratulations to the couple!
Blog Tours and Giveaways:
Stuck in a Good Book Hop
Win a finished book and an ARC! Ends Sept. 25
Stripped Release Event
Win a Kindle Fire! Ends Oct. 7
Elizabeth Reyes 3 Year Anniversary Event
Win Kindle Paperwhites and more! Ends Sept. 22
Win a Kindle Fire! Ends Sept. 30
Books reviewed this week:
Cover Reveals on the blog:
Meant for Her by Raine Thomas
Playing With Her Heart (Caught Up in Us #3) by Lauren Blakely new cover!
Upcoming new releases:
- Untold (Unspoken #2) by Sarah Rees Brennan (This book is sooo good!! Loved it just as much as the first!)
- Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles #2) by Gena Showalter
- A Radiant Sky (A Beautiful Dark #3) by Jocelyn Davies
- If Forever Comes (Take This Regret #2) by A.L. Jackson (I really need to start this series!)
- Unattainable (Undeniable #3) by Madeline Sheehan
- Her Wicked Angel (Her Angel #6) by Felicity E. Heaton
- Simple Perfection (Perfection #2) by Abbi Glines (Not a huge fan of the first book, but I’ll read this one)
- Game for Trouble (Game for It #2) by Karen Erickson
- Lovers Unmasked anthology by Katee Robert, Cari Quinn, Tessa Bailey, Samanthe Beck
- Dirty Trick (Perfectly Matched #1) by Christine Bell
- Bound by Night (MoonBound Clan Vampire #1) by Larissa Ione (LOVE Larissa Ione!)
- Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller (Very good! Read my review)
- Safe With Me (With Me in Seattle #5) by Kristen Proby
- Getting Rowdy (Love Undercover #3) by Lori Foster (I liked the first book, but I still need to read the second)
- Promise Me Light (Promise Me #2) by Paige Weaver (I’ll be participating in the blog tour for this next month!)
- One Lucky Vampire (Argeneau #19) by Lynsay Sands (Another long series I need to read!)