Here are some new covers revealed this week! Goodreads links below 🙂
- Breakable by Tammara Webber
- Shield of Winter (Psy/Changeling #13) by Nalini Singh
- A Little Too Hot (A Little Too Far #3) by Lisa Desrochers
- Silver Shadows (Bloodlines #5) by Richelle Mead
- Lovely Trigger (Tristan & Danika #3) by R.K. Lilley
- Rock My Body (Black Falcon #4) by Michelle A. Valentine
- Worn Me Down (Playing With Fire #3) by T.E. Sivec
- Needing Her by Molly McAdams
★ A snippet from Cassandra Clare’s tumblr for City of Heavenly Fire!
You can read another teaser here.
★ A teaser from Samantha Young’s blog from Castle Hill:
Braden shook against me, his tone rumbling with laughter as he asked, “Am I not allowed out of bed this morning?”
“Nope,” I mumbled against his skin. “If you move, I’ll have to move. If I have to move it means facing the fact that we’re no longer in Hawaii. I don’t know if I’m ready to deal with that.”
He rolled me onto my back, laughing at the fact that I refused to open my eyes. “So is the plan to stay here forever?”
“That might become a problem.”
I shook my head against the pillows. “I don’t foresee any problems. It’s a sound plan.”
“Well,” Braden sighed, “We will eventually start to smell. And needing the toilet might become a problem. And with your issues with flatulence—”
I punched him on the arm, opening my eyes so I didn’t miss. My husband fought me off, laughing as though he was the funniest man on earth.
“One year,” I growled at him, “All I’m asking for is one year without you bringing that up!”
★ J. Sterling put up on her Facebook a snippet of The Sweetest Game!
When I glanced down at the field, the sight of Jack warming up forced my heart to squeeze with pride. His gray sliding pants hugged against the muscles as he lifted his leg into the air before each pitch. The black shirt-style jersey waved in the breeze he created as his arm flew down to release the ball.
I watched as Jack grabbed his hat and tipped it twice, and I couldn’t hide my smile. That was his sign to me. He had started doing it when I couldn’t travel with him on his road trips, which had become more and more frequent with my work. Whenever he pitched, he’d tip his hat twice and his face would light up with a soft smile. He never knew if the cameras were on him or not, but he tipped his hat regardless.
Eventually it became a habit, because he started doing it at the home games as well. Sometimes his eyes would flash to the stands and meet mine. When they did, I swear my heart would stop beating, causing my breath to catch. Every. Single. Time. If anyone noticed, I would have been embarrassed, but no one ever seemed to.
I more than loved this man.
My ball player.
My Jack Fucking Carter.
Even his name still gets me all hot and bothered.
-Cassie Carter, The Sweetest Game, Coming CHRISTMAS DAY!
★ Kristen Proby (author of the With Me in Seattle series) has an excerpt from Loving Cara! Read it here.
★ Another snippet for The Ever After of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen!
★ Are you excited for Lucas’s POV? Read all about Breakable on Tammara Webber’s blog here!
He was lost and alone. Then he found her.
And the future seemed more fragile than ever.
As a child, Landon Lucas Maxfield believed his life was perfect and looked forward to a future filled with promise — until tragedy tore his family apart and made him doubt everything he ever believed.
All he wanted was to leave the past behind. When he met Jacqueline Wallace, his desire to be everything she needed came so easy…
As easy as it could be for a man who learned that the soul is breakable and that everything you hoped for could be ripped away in a heartbeat.
Note: “Breakable is not a sequel. It’s a prequel story from Landon and the Easy story from Lucas. …Breakable is Lucas’s story – for those of you who wanted inside his head. It can be read as a stand-alone of its own, or as a companion to Easy.”
★ OH MY GOSH!! Seth (from the Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout) is getting not only his own book, but his own SERIES!! The Titan series begins with The Return.
2. You have NOT met the female lead yet.
3. The female lead has absolutely no knowledge of gods and any of that
4. Since it’s a Titan novel, you can expect… the Titans.
5. Apollo will be all up in the book, because well, it’s Apollo and I sort of like him.
6. Deacon and Luke will make appearances, but other main characters will not be featured in this series. (Not giving details to avoid as much spoilers as possible)
7. The biggest difference is that the Titan series will be New Adult paranormal. And here’s the reason why. I never gave Seth’s birthday, but he’s always been well over the age of 18 years old, and I really have no real reason bringing him into a high school environment without making him look like a creeper. And he already has enough creeper tendencies as is, so he really is too old for YA. Does that mean the book will be inappropriate for younger readers? Absolutely not. Will it have more adult content? Probably. I mean, Seth was always borderline inappropriate, but my YA books have that, so….
8. And it will be releasing in early 2015, tentatively February 2015 in both print and digital.
Read more about the new series on her blog here.
★ Ethan Moonsong will be the main character in Fury (The Seven Deadly #3) by Fisher Amelie!
★ Cassia Leo will be writing another book in her Shattered Hearts series! It’s called Chasing Abby, and this will be book #4.
BLURB: It’s been eighteen years since Abigail Jensen was born with a gaping hole in her heart and five years since she collapsed on the soccer field and spent a harrowing three weeks in the hospital fighting for her life. Five years since she found out she was adopted by Lynette and Brian Jensen.For five years, Abby has gone to sleep wondering about the family she never knew and waiting for her eighteenth birthday. But when her birthday finally comes, she hesitates. What if her birth parents want nothing to do with her?
A month after her eighteenth birthday, Abby graduates from high school and breaks the news to her parents that she will be moving in with her boyfriend, Tate, in off-campus housing. Lynette and Brian are adamant that they will not pay her UNC tuition unless she lives with them.
When Abby and Tate show up on the doorstep of Chris and Claire Knight, they are overjoyed to see the little girl they lost almost eighteen years ago. But the news of Abby’s rebellion leaves Chris and Claire conflicted. After speaking with the Jensens, Chris and Claire agree to let Abby and Tate stay with them for a few weeks during the summer, to catch up on all the years they’ve missed. But when their visit comes to a close, and they encourage Abby to return home, Abby feels unwanted.
When tragedy finds Abby, she must decide whether she will let it ruin her life, or if she will keep fighting to fill the hole in her heart.
★ Congrats to A. Meredith Walters (author of Bad Rep and Find You in the Dark) who has signed a two book deal with Gallery Books! The first book is called Lead Me Not (releases in October 2014).
Read more on her blog here.
Reviewed on the blog this week:
- Playing Dirty (Stargazer #2) by Jennifer Echols
- For Real (Rules of Love #1) by Chelsea M. Cameron
- Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion #1) by Aimee Carter
Check out my stop on the blog tour for For Real!
Don’t forget to check out the giveaways listed on the blog on the right!
Upcoming New Releases
- Rock Bottom (Tristan & Danika #2) by R.K. Lilley (Really need to read this series!)
- Sempre (Forever series #1) by J.M. Darhower (It’s the re-release! I enjoyed this book so much – read my review)
- Asking for Trouble (Line of Duty #4) by Tessa Bailey (Loved book #1 of this series! Can’t wait to read the rest)
- Recipe for Attraction (Madewood Brothers #2) by Gina Gordon
- Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion #1) by Aimee Carter (I didn’t really like this much 😦 – read my review)
- Crash into You (Pushing the Limits #3) by Katie McGarry (My favorite YA contemporary romance series ever!! Crash into You was another brilliant addition to the series – read my review)
- Brooke (Under the Never Sky #2.5) by Veronica Rossi (I have an ARC of book #3 and I’m so excited to read it and Brooke! LOVE this series)
- Searching for Someday (Searching For #1) by Jennifer Probst (I just finished this today and it was SO good!)
- Remy (Real #3) by Katy Evans (AHH REMY!! I loved this book! I’ll be posting my review for the blog tour on Nov. 29!)
- No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (The Rules of Scoundrels #3) by Sarah MacLean (Oh my… there are no words to describe how much I love this book. My review for the blog tour is on Nov. 25 and I gush so. hard. EEP I loved it!)
- Hard As It Gets (Hard Ink #1) by Laura Kaye
- Angel Fever (Angel #3) by L.A. Weatherly (I’ve read book #1 and really liked it, but I’m not sure if I’ll like the sequels…)